Tuesday, March 30, 2004

"Blog no Michi" means "The Way of the Blog"

Have been reading
from works of R H Blyth,
famous for Zen and Haiku,
whose name
in Chinese pictograms means
"You have not come to see me
for a long time"

I mistrust any book with
"genius" in the title, but
profound quotes abound
in the book
The Genius of Haiku,
among them:

When people agree with me
I always feel that
I must be wrong.


from Oscar Wilde

and from Wordsworth in
The Tables Turned:

Our meddling intellect
Mis-shapes the beauteous forms of things: --
We murder to dissect.

Enough of science and of art;
Close up these barren leaves;
Come forth, and bring with you a heart
That watches and receives.


More tomorrow - I can't top that.

Here is today's blog of choice:
  • JM Blog - poems, stories, etc.


  • And thanks to Dean Blehert of
    www.blehert.com
    for recommending the
    Readings of R H Blyth

    No comments: